Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Accessing Smarthub

Whuff
Star
Star

After the update of the Arlo app on August 22, 2022 , when I try to access my Smarthub,I keep getting this message: There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue. It has been almost a month and it is still not working!!

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The development team is actively investigating these reports on this issue. We are working on a resolution. As soon as I have more information to share I will provide an update.

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

This issue has been escalated and the development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The VMB5000 and VMB4540 received an update yesterday. The VMB4000 and VMB4500 will have an update released today. Your Base station/SmartHub will update automatically, so please continue to wait for the updates. 

Thank you

251 REPLIES 251
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vanyo22 wrote:

I started with T-Mobile about 2-3 weeks ago, but the issue appeared before that.

There have been issues with accessing local storage recently.

But it's never been possible to access local storage remotely with T-Mobile broadband.  You can't forward ports to your base station, and you can't deploy an inbound VPN either.  This isn't unique to T-Mobile, there are other network providers that have the same restrictions.

madcorgi
Tutor
Tutor

For the record, I have tried a new, greatly formatted SD card.  The old card was still readable and I could see videos on it.

Heck, I even turned it off and on again 3 times.

This used to work wonderfully.

@Support please respond on status of this issue.

madcorgi
Tutor
Tutor

@Support 

For the rest of the class, can uou please share where to find this log?

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

I gave up, Arlo wins - I signed up for the monthly subscription plan since I can’t have my $$$ surveillance system not working properly. What I’d now like to get fixed is the firmware update since my hub refuses to recognize available updates 😞

briancarp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo 4k camera, the wired doorbell, and the SmartHub VMB5000r4.  In the last 2 weeks, the system is almost completely worthless.  I have a local SD card that is working fine with port forwarding setup that has been in place for over a year.  In the last 2 weeks, I continually get the message that "Videos stored on the new SmartHub are not available.  Please check your connection settings".  The strange thing is that sometimes the message comes up and then I can access the videos.  Other times, even though an alert has been triggered, there is no video available.  The issues are EXTREMELY frustrating, to the point where I am about to scrap the entire Arlo infrastructure that I have been adding to for years.  It's just NOT RELIABLE.  How are you supposed to use the doorbell camera to protect your home, when it can't be counted on reliably?IMG_7021.jpgIMG_7023.PNGIMG_7024.PNG

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where is the update? Ive a security system thats completely useless thanks to a change made by Arlo. This is not acceptable and needs fixing immediately.

Whuff
Star
Star

Try removing your smarthub completely where it says remove smarthub. Then reinstall smarthub and then each camera. It worked for me and another person. 

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

hey mate, yeah I saw that and thanks for the advice! Personally I see that as workaround for fixing something Arlo clearly broke (AGAIN) via FW/APP upgrades and that is my major beef. That along with the complete lack of support which often becomes the norm. This is not the first time theyve broken this functionality with an update and frankly a reputable company should look to resolve or rollback immediately. It bothers me beyond belief that such breaches to functionality occur and testing doe's not pick them up. Theyve had the system logfile for nearly 3 weeks without response or remedy.  If you play in the security product market, you should take absolute care with reliability, stability and remediation. These do not appear to be traits Arlo excel with, and for that alone consumers should be fully aware before purchasing. Its a real shame, because I did (and do) like a lot of the product build, but seriously a system without access to your incidents.....I mean really?, REALLY Arlo! Sort it out.

Mannda
Tutor
Tutor

Hello Arlo! Fix this please! I cannot see any recording locally! And i have about 300 people/recordings every day!

if it can’t handle that, then why buy/sell this crap

Mannda
Tutor
Tutor

Please Arlo’ this is NOT okey

Mannda
Tutor
Tutor

Any news on this matter Arlo? Get this bug FiXED

bwdavis7
Tutor
Tutor

Everyone, please give an honest account review of your experience with Arlo support on this matter.  For example, be sure to include a review on Amazon or other site that you may have purchased your equipment.  This is totally unacceptable behavior for a manufacturer to claim features that don' t work and provide no support whatsoever. Arlo is ghosting us on this issue.

madcorgi
Tutor
Tutor

I tried once more to view my local library and this time the error message was clear:

"There was an error obtaining your library.  Do t worry, we have your back.  The solution is easy.  Remove the smart hub using the app.  Try to add it back 5 times.  After the fifth time, restart your network, do a factory reset and try to add it back 5 more times.  Repeat this last step at least 20 times with 2 hour pauses in between.  If that doesn't work, call tech support where you will need to subscribe to a plan before getting assistance."

In other words, I got my local library back after disconnecting hub, and 2 factory resets.  We will see how long this lasts.

Catchbag
Apprentice
Apprentice

I concur. This is an absolute farce and time the mainstream media or tech review companies were made aware of such a fatal flaw in Arlo products, testing and importantly support services. It is clear by the complete lack of updates from Arlo that customer care is not a value they hold important. Sales over support, the death of many companies following that business model has been well understood through time. Im seeing less retailers stock these products and actually said to a cutomer last week in a store whom was reviewing an Ultra 2 system to steer well clear based on this flaw alone. They took the advice with due apprciation! Wish Id had that advice before finding the forumns.

Knuky
Tutor
Tutor

Also have the same issue and Arlo support have no idea this is a known issue.

iPhone12 Pro. iOS 16 Arlo App 3.7.1 (3440) Release 4 Oct 2022

Everything up to date.

Worked previously without issue for several years but not any longer.

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

From past 2 weeks, i am getting the below error while trying to view the recordings

There was an error obtaining your library. Arlo team is working on this issue

I have restarted the base station, removed batteries from all cameras and kept them back, reformatted the sd card. did all basic troubleshooting steps. but still i am getting the same error. I see that motion record is happening on the sd card. i can view them on my PC

I have 5 Arlo Ultra Cameras ( 1st generation) with Ultra Smart Hub VMB5000

Kindly help me

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

yes i rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app. but still same issue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
rinku2012
Tutor
Tutor

This is Big Headache work. do you thin after resetting, recording will work ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rinku2012 wrote:

do you think after resetting, recording will work ?

Not sure.  I see this error with one of my own smarthubs, and a factory reset was the advice I got from Arlo.

I agree it is a pain - since I have a subscription, I'm not in a rush to do it, and haven't gotten to it yet.

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS

is there any update on a fix coming for this issue?

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot access videos on smarthub.  Tried everything.  Local network is enabled on iphone.  Was working fine until 11-3.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaminsr wrote:

Cannot access videos on smarthub.  Tried everything.  Local network is enabled on iphone.  Was working fine until 11-3.

Is this using direct access to local storage?

kaminsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  Direct storage.  I rebooted router, samrthub, phone.  Deleted and re-installed the app.  All many times.  Nothing works