Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO ULTRA VCM5040 Dead

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have 4 Arlo Ultra Cameras 2 where always plugged in and they are the ones that still work. The other two don't work anymore at all, I have tried everithing

With Battery/Without

Changed Adapters

Changed Cables

Synced...

Nothing works, the Cameras are totally dead. No lights, no charging, no connection.

SN: 5GG3977LA0D57

SN: 5GG3977XA0CB8

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sith77 wrote:

Hello, I have 4 Arlo Ultra Cameras 2 where always plugged in and they are the ones that still work. The other two don't work anymore at all, I have tried everithing

Did you try swapping the batteries with the cameras that are working (that is missing from your list).

Sith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

No that I have not tried. I will do so... however, the cameras should work without the battery inside when they are plugged in, I tested that with the working ones. The blue light comes on right away when they are pluged in without the battery.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sith77 wrote:

however, the cameras should work without the battery inside when they are plugged in,

I agree that they should.  If something's wrong with the charging circuitry though, they might not (but still work with a fully charged battery).

You could also try a reset (holding down the sync button for around 15 seconds).

Sith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will have access to the working ones tomorrow and will do the tests with the battery...

For now holding down the reset button for 15 seconds did nothing.

Sith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now tested with working Arlo Ultra (plugged in) batterie and charger. 

I have found that the Battery on the Working Arlo Ultra was empty -> hence was not charging. The Arlo only worked because it's was plugged in. So using the 1% charged battery from the working Arlo in the ones that don't work did nothing. And using the same charger as the working Arlo also did not bring it to life. 

I have now 4 Arlo Ultra Cameras

2 Are Working because there where and are always plugged in. Batteries on them are booth seam to be nearly dead fully charged = 1%.

2 Are completly dead and batterys are also dead. 

Unfortunately the warrany on them is expired, so I probably have to trash them....very disapointing.

Btw: I also have 4 Arlo Pro 2 Cameras that work like a charm with no problems at all...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sith77 wrote:

I have now 4 Arlo Ultra Cameras

2 Are Working because there where and are always plugged in. Batteries on them are booth seam to be nearly dead fully charged = 1%.

2 Are completly dead and batterys are also dead. 

Unfortunately the warrany on them is expired, so I probably have to trash them....very disapointing.

Are you charging them with Arlo cable(s) and charger(s)?

Sith77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two genuine cables/adapters and one set that is not from Arlo with longer cable. However only one camera the one that works with the 1% Battery was plugged in to the (not Arlo Adapter). And that camera still works.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sith77 wrote:

I have two genuine cables/adapters and one set that is not from Arlo with longer cable. However only one camera the one that works with the 1% Battery was plugged in to the (not Arlo Adapter). And that camera still works.

Running the camera and charging the camera are two different things.

It might be worth trying a different charger.

PaullyDB33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same exact issue with the same exact camera. My single camera went dead after less than one year. I'm wondering if you have found a solution? I've even purchased a new battery and that didn't work. I don't want to have to purchase a new replacement camera either. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PaullyDB33 wrote:

My single camera went dead after less than one year. 

If you purchased less than a year ago, then it is still under warranty.  So contact support (using the app), and get a warranty replacement.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation