Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

A friend was managing my Ultra Cameras, but while swapping out batteries, he somehow managed to remove the Ultra camera lense. He put it back but now the camera will not focus properly. The lense is clean but even though I can't see anything wrong with the camera or lense, it continues to be very blurry in the entire field of view. I also tried removing and re-syncing the camera - but that made no difference, still very blurry. Testing was done near the base station so it's not a signal issue. I'd appreciate any suggestions to restore a clear view. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things are possible to cause this - 1) a fingerprint/smudge on the inside of the lens and/or 2) improper positioning of the lens relative to the sensor. All you can do is try to remove, clean and replace the lens again but I'd rather doubt it will be useful. You likely need a new camera.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I agree that it's probably positioning but I don't understand why all attempts to readjust the lense don't improve things. Like I said, the lense is clean. If it was a smudge, I'd think it would show up, even if only slightly.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation