Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gremlyn
Follower
Follower

Hi

I just purchase the Arlo cameras, I didnt originally get the pro 3 but ended upgrading to the ultra thinking i would get better resolution. 

Since setting up the Ultras, i have not been able to get 4k videos in the app libary, They are just in 1080p. When i first installed the pro 3, i got videos in the libary at 2k. 

I have installed the sd card, and locally that is saving in 4k but i cant access this from the app. 

I have the premire plan, so would expect that at least i would get 2k in the app, but i would have expected to be able to access the 4k videos stored on the SD card with direct access enbaled. 

I have tried resetting the device, removing devices from the plan and readding them and rebooting the base station all to no effect. 

Can anyone confirm if i should be able to access the higher resolution videos via the app and in what resolution?

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gremlyn

The Ultra camera requires the new Arlo Smart Elite plan to utilize the 4k cloud resolution. I have provided an article with more information here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got caught out in the bait and switch Arlo scam as well.. you should be able to turn on 2 or 4K in the video settings.. Unless you pay for the 4K they removed it all together to force you to pay the expensive subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation