Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

4K face recogntion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ThePodhalan
Guide
Guide

I just switched from Nest since it useless 1080p recording were literaly useless at night. The problem that I see is even with 4K recording, spot light, color, optimize for video quality is with the face recognition. Any moving object at night is completely blurry and not recognizable. The problem is combination of low lighting and low frame rate.

I am walking 10 feet from the camera.  This is not zoomed but cropped. Any suggestions?

I had to crop the photo due to size restriction, I suggest admin lift 4mb restriction to something more usable so we can all look at uncompressed/uncropped imagery and compare apples to apples.

BTW, We have all those great technology like NVIDIA DLSS why not use machine learning to upscale the picture.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.30.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-02 at 9.26.35 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ThePodhalan,

Have you also tried this test using the Auto Zoom & Tracking feature? Do you get better results?

What is Auto Track and Zoom on my Arlo Ultra camera?

JamesC

ThePodhalan
Guide
Guide
This does not work since it is a digital zoom and recording drops from 4K to 1080p. Same substandard functionality as Nest. The problem is frames per second of the camera and/or overcompression of the image.

For real, consider using DLSS to 8K
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation