Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary

I'm still seeing a delay in getting notifications, my last one 45mins coming through.

16 REPLIES 16
gmania1212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have you heard of a fix for this I have same issue, its bs getting notified several minutes after motion,
How can this be a security system if your notifed after they rob you
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you talking about push or email notifications? Push notifications can be delayed if the phone is sleeping and you haven't changed the app's battery optimization in the phone settings. My push notifications come through in a few seconds.  Email depends on the whole Internet - we'd have to see the email headers to determine where the slowdown may have occurred.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I'm talking push
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS? WHat about the battery optimization setting for the app?

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Galaxy S10+ OS 9
gmania1212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push here also
Galaxy 10 here
I used to have arlo pro and it didnt have an issue I upgraded to a smarthub so I could add an ultra camera,
This seems to be when it started.
Worked with a support guy for 3 hours. Total joke, factory reset all phones and smart hub and uninstalled the app, none make a difference, although random, every once in a while it works instantly, but most of the time very delayed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And the battery optimization for the app in the phone settings? I find very delayed notifications if the app is optimized and a reinstall of the app would set that back to being optimized. This may not be the issue but ya gotta look.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I did post a screenshot of my settings
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

surfer1000,

Is every push notification delayed or is this intermittent? If you turn on email notifications, do you receive those quickly or are they also as delayed as the push notification?

JamesC

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
No its intermittent, but late more often, sometimes the notifications only come through when I open my phone
Sir_Atlass
Star
Star

I'm a little late to this discussion but I have the same issue.  I have Arlo Pro 2 cameras not the Ultras so I don't think it's related to the cameras themselves.

I have a Pixel 3 on Android 9 and I see the notifcations delayed by an average of about 20 minutes.  The app is set to not optimize battery usage (although it was when I first noticed this).  It made no difference either way.

My sister-in-law has the same system but uses iOS and sees instant notfications.  Whatever the issue is, I think it is specific to the Android app\OS.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I also have this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8. I got delayed notifications with my Pro2 cameras, and now with my Ultras as well. Often, I won't get the notification until I touch the screen, even though I have turned off all battery optimization settings on my phone for this app. Sometimes I don't get the notifications at all! Arlo app is updated, android is updated, and I have tried every "fix" that I've found online. It's driving me nuts.

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah exactly like my issues!
Tiajjm
Guide
Guide

I’m having the exact same issue. The delay is happening on the latest iOS for iPhone and iPad. Delays for me are consistent, not intermittent. Delays are shorter though - about 3-5 minutes.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

On android the delay is caused by the doze mode, the latest pie has two levels of sleep, the deeper the sleep the longer the delay.  I have gone through tests with Samsung (who act like they never heard of it even though the internet is full of complaints and have a case with Arlo who had me run a bunch of tests.  Removing the app from optimization does nothing.  If you do something to wake the phone, like it wakes on picking it up, then they work great but then it's coming on in your pocket all the time.  Android developers say it's up to app developers to make it work with doze.  Arlo said they were sending my case to the engineers.  The only thing sure to work is to use adb commands with your phone in developer mode and hooked to your computer to send the disable doze idle cmd.  It then works until you turn your phone off and have to send the cmd again.  Most just use airplane mode at night instead of turning off their phone.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

fix the issue with push notifications on android.  When they go into doze mode, push notifications don't work making this system a deadweight.  Samsung notifications, no trouble.  Google notifications, no trouble.  People with the same phone but a different system, no problem.  Android developers give strict guidelines to follow for a app to work with doze mode, Arlo clearly didn't follow them.  It requires the use of sdb commands.  Please make this a priority.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation