2K SD library recordings instead of 4K

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Since SD recordings were made available in the app mine always showed as being 4K, now today when I looked they are showing as being in 2K.  Since this has nothing to do with the cloud what could have possibly changed.  JamesC ?

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LandJS,

We're currently investigating an issue some users are reporting that results in a 2K badge incorrectly being displayed for 4K content. I will provide an update when I have more information on this issue.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Glad it's being looked into but according to Arlo support that is the way it is now just yesterday I was told it's either all 2K or all 4K that the system can't do both.  When I asked why I was able to get 1080 P cloud, 4K live and 4K to the SD for the free year their reply was that plan no longer exists and no longer an option.

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
LandJS, ‘looking into it’ also means hold your breathe and it won’t be fixed for two months (or maybe longer).

Arlo’s stock is trading at $4.00 presently, I think it’s a matter of time until they get bought by another company or go bankrupt....
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I had commented on that awhile ago after reading the stock reports.  75% drop after breaking with Netgear,  sold part off overseas.  That was even in their own reports.  I really believe much of the issues are do to finances.  Running the cloud and development are both spendy.  Some are saying buy because if they make it, it ill pay off.  Others say wait and see because as a standalone company they are up against some big competitors.  I was hoping they would pull it off because it has potential when working but I won't be spending more on it for now.  May need that money for another.  When SkyLink goes online this year a wi-fi system would be great.  With the antenna you should be able to take your own wi-fi RVing or wherever.  Depends how they intend to distribute it to consumers.  All my opinion but it's a frustrated one right now.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
JAMESC, I seem to have a related issue. I just bought the Elite plan yesterday. 3 of my cameras show 4K on the thumbnail in the cloud library but one of them only shows 2K. Is this the glitch you mentioned in February or different? I've checked all the camera settings and they are all the same. So I can't figure out why the one camera only shows 2K. Thank you
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC, Also - I do have the latest Arlo Android App from April, 5th.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HazzMatt,

Within settings for that camera, is the image cropped at all? If the image is cropped, the resolution will be below the minimum for 4K and the badge will show 2K.

Try resetting the image by navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your camera that has the issue > double tap the still image to reset any cropping

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi JamesC, Yes camera indeed was cropped. I reset the image and will see how that goes.  I had it cropped to avoid false triggering, but now I'm wondering if I should be using activity zones instead of cropping.  Is that correct, use activity zones and I'll still get 4K cloud recordings?   Matt

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HazzMatt,

Cropping an image doesn't reduce the area of motion detection. Activity zones would be the route you want to take to do this. You will still be able to save cloud recordings in 4K.

JamesC

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
That's extremely helpful, thanks! All this time I was doing this wrong. Take care, Matt
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation