Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1 year subscription

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lucassness
Follower
Follower
I just bought a brand new Arlo Ultra two camera set and base from Best Buy and set it up today. The box says you get 1 year arlo smart subscription included. My cameras are sending notifications but no video in my app. How do I get my 1 year subscription started? I do also have Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base those work.. I get a notification from one of the cameras and then the video appears in the app, takes a minute, but it's there. I could be dead by the time I get video to see what's going on.. if these new Ultra cameras don't show me video with the notification they are going back to Best Buy. Wheres my 1 year subscription and my videos Arlo..??
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lucassness,

The free 1 year subscription should automatically be applied when you added the SmartHub to the account. Was this a brand new unopened kit purchased from Best Buy? Are you using the kit in the same country in which it was purchased?

JamesC

NatureF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I also encountered the same problem.  

There's no way I can see the 1 year Arlo Smart subscription in the Arlo web portal for my newly purchased Arlo Ultra 4 cam kit.  

All I can see is the option to enrol the new plans.  

How can I get my 1 year subscription? 

Could you please help open a case and follow up ASAP?

NatureF
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC @JessicaP
Can someone please give a hand?
I bought a brand new VMS5440 Arlo Ultra 4 cam kit set from US and deploy it in Hong Kong.
I know that subscription is available in Hong Kong as reference to https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i....
I could not find the free 1 year subscription activated. Instead, I could only see options to enroll for new plans, which was not I expected to see. The 1-year free subscription is one of the reason that I bought the kit set, can someone please follow up my case?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NatureF,

The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased. If you purchased the kit from the US, you will not be able to claim the free 1 year subscription plan when setting up in Hong Kong.

JamesC

NatureF
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC 

It will be ridiculous if the free plan of one purchased from US that cannot be setup in Hong Kong. 

I never see any remark or disclaimer on the kit set packaging or on the website.  

It's so misleading and it looks like a mis-statement to all customers. 

Can you please help follow up and activate my free plan ASAP? 

I look forward to your reply.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NatureF,

As mentioned, the free 1 year subscription included in Arlo Ultra kits can only be claimed in the same country in which the kit was purchased. For more information on this, please contact the Arlo Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation