Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ultra 2 - mode to trigger doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lenten
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can a mode or rule be created to trigger the Ultra 2 camera from the Essential Wire Free Video Door Bell?  Can the Essential Wire Free Video Door Bell trigger the Ultra 2 camera?  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the doorbell is connected to your WiFi, I don't believe it can. When both are connected to a base or hub you can do this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lenten,

Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free does not need to be connected to the same base station or SmartHub to create cross-triggering modes. It is possible to set up custom modes and rules allowing the doorbell to trigger an Ultra 2 camera or an Ultra 2 camera to trigger than doorbell.

JamesC

Lenten
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a mode to turn on the video of my Arlo Essential Wireless doorbell when my Arlo Ultra 2 camera senses motion and vise averse.  However when I look at my library I do not see that the mode activated the other camera when either the doorbell or Ultra2 camera senses motion.  Can you tell me how to access the video that was created via the mode

DRKHRSE
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am new but every single answer you give is wrong.

Ultra 2 system mode setup to record on camera with doorbell trigger.

It doesn't work.

Same False trigger issue you say can be solved by sensitivity adjustment.

It can't because cloud only limits notifications not triggers locally.

I don't assume people are morons like you do.

When you believe people you come to very different conclusions.

High battery usage
Need for cloud notification restrictions
Near constant false triggers at sunrise sunset

What scenario can answer all three?

Software update destroying ir sensor algorithm.
Recording near constantly off of False triggers draining battery
Software bandaid to remove recordings based on cloud rules.

Sensitivity might help a bit but it won't solve it.

I'm down to 35% custom mode sensitivity with significant False triggers. Fewer at night.

I have smartthings rules setup to message all triggers on and off. The on off motion triggers appear together and happen in under a minute. Temperature change due to solar heating that fast might happen during a supernova.

Three more things.

The camera should record in advance of motion but this is noticeably shorter than ring. Constant False trigger recording would also explain this as time already recording would hamper this.

Can't record 4k local. Unless the camera can work without a hub on should be able to send raw data to the hub 2k to cloud and 4k to local.
Hard to do if you are tied up recording and throwing away videos.

No amount of cloud notification screening is going to fix lighting control which is local.

BY EXPLAINING AWAY A CLEARLY BROKEN SYSTEM WITH INSULTING NEWBIE ASSIMPTIONS YOU ARE CONVINCING ARLO NOT TO RESTORE THE PRIOR IR SENSOR ALGORITHM
STOP KISSING THEIR KEYSTER
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation