Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

poor battery life and coverage Ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
steveUK2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi hoping the community can offer more than the webchat.

I recently bought 3 cameras to secure a small property, I tried to engage with Arlo before purchasing but couldn't get much out of them so went for the Ultra 2 thinking it was their best kit.

I have a camera in the back which is fine and one on my front door also no problem. 

The most important one is to cover my drive I made it clear to Arlo this was what I needed most of all as my neighbors have made threats and I wanted to capture any future threats as well as cover my back coming and going from the property.  I have the camera set so it doesn't even cover all my drive (to prevent recording the street), turned the micrpophone to its lowest setting to try and stop cars triggering it.  But I am finding that the battery is dying in no time, 4 days first time, then 3, now 1 day.  Arlo have told me its been triggered a lot and to turn down the sensitivity and reduce the picture quality.  This wont work for me so wondering if anyone has overcome this problem, if anyone thinks I have a battery issue or have simply been miss-sold?

thanks  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@steveUK2 wrote:

if anyone thinks I have a battery issue

Easiest way to test that is to swap the drive camera with one of the other two, and see if the battery drain stays with the camera or stays with the location.

@steveUK2 wrote:

I have the camera set so it doesn't even cover all my drive (to prevent recording the street), turned the micrpophone to its lowest setting to try and stop cars triggering it.

I'd disable audio detection altogether in the camera rule.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Maybe also run the motion detection test, and see if you can safely lower the motion detection threshold.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

One option is to invest in the XL kit - the XL battery is 2.5x larger than the standard Ultra battery.

steveUK2
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks figured out as with some other posts here I need this to capture sound which I told Arlo when i bought the kit.  The mic is set to its lowest and is being set off every time a car goes up the hill a street away so a good 75 yards from the camera, its triggering every minute.  A bigger camera was never suggested but its only going to get me another day or two max.  thanks for replying doesn't seem like there is that much of a community and zero support from the vendor.  waste of money so far!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation