Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

no Dashboard

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can log in and see all my cameras, but the dashboard does not show up in either the App or with my laptop.  I would like to create locations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maribo wrote:

thank you for that.  I want to add some cameras in a different geographical location than my existing devices.  Is there another way to do that?

You can just add them to your account - they won't be organized by location, but they will all work ok.

FWIW, with "Library" you'll only need one subscription.  But with "Feed", you will need two - one for each location.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean Dashboard is missing from the list or that there's nothing in Dashboard.

Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I open the app, I see devices, library, mode, and settings along the bottom of the screen. When I touch "mode" there's a button that says "Arm all devices" at the top, another button next to it that says "disarm all devices".  Beneath are a couple of buttons that lists my devices.  There is nothing about locations anywhere.

Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess I am saying that the dashboard is missing from the list. I could send screenshots of it were possible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the old user interface (UI). Dashboard is only available in the new UI which looks completely different.

Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  now we are getting somewhere.  How do I get the new UI?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maribo wrote:

How do I get the new UI?

First of all, be careful what you wish for.  There are bugs and limitations in the new UI, and several folks who have switched to it have regretted doing that.  And once you migrate to it, there is no way back.  If you don't actually need the new UI, then I suggest waiting - Arlo will at some point migrate everyone to it.  

But if you do want it now for some reason, then what you do is go into "add device", and begin to add either the Pro 5s or the Home Security System.  Since you don't own those devices, the process won't suceed.  But if you do it anyway, you will get a prompt along the way to migrate to "Feed".  After that step, just back out of the add device process.

Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for that.  I want to add some cameras in a different geographical location than my existing devices.  Is there another way to do that?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maribo wrote:

You can just add them to your account - they won't be organized by location, but they will all work ok.

FWIW, with "Library" you'll only need one subscription.  But with "Feed", you will need two - one for each location.

Maribo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it.  Thanks very much!

Mothershed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't get cameras and no dashbord to work

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mothershed wrote:

Can't get cameras and no dashbord to work

Need all details. What have you tried and what do you see?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation