Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

local recording stop working

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

around 10 pm on 3/1/2023 is the last recording I got. It happened before back in Dec 2022 but it did come back after a week. this time it doesn't seem to come back. does anyone has the same problem?

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

there is an error message. it said video stored on base station are not available. please check your connection setting. 

Try putting the phone into airplane mode and then enabling wifi, to force the app to use your wifi.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tested it yourself? Maybe nothing happened within range of the camera.

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. The camera is in front of the house so it capture all the traffic. It was fine until March 2. Nothing get change in settings. I reboot the station multiple time but same thing. I got the notification when it see motion but no local record. Thanks for the reply

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

The camera is in front of the house so it capture all the traffic. It was fine until March 2. Nothing get change in settings. I reboot the station multiple time but same thing. I got the notification when it see motion but no local record.

Do you have other cameras connected to the base?   If so, are they recording?

If there are no recent recordings at all, you could try reformatting the card, and see if that helps.

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have another one in the back and it the same problem. I did reformat the sd card twice and that didn’t help. I can see that it recording when there is motion but not sure where it recorded to. When there is motion, I can see the recording icon turn Orange for about 10 seconds but not sure where it records to. Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

I do have another one in the back and it the same problem. I did reformat the sd card twice and that didn’t help. I can see that it recording when there is motion but not sure where it recorded to. When there is motion, I can see the recording icon turn Orange for about 10 seconds but not sure where it records to. Thanks

Have you plugged the microSD card into a PC and looked for the files?

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes and the sd card does have the recording but arlo software said no recording at base station. with the sd card connect to my pc.  I can view the recording on my pc.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

yes and the sd card does have the recording but arlo software said no recording at base station. with the sd card connect to my pc.  I can view the recording on my pc.

Ok. 

As you likely know, local recordings can only be accessed from the app, and not my.arlo.com.

Does your app show "Library" on the main menu?  Or does it show "Feed"?

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't use my.Arlo.com on my pc. I use my pc to access mp4 files and play from there. I always use my Arlo app on my iPhone to look at local recording. It does show library and base station not cloud. I haven’t change my setting at all. It was working for 5 months until that update in dec 2022 and it was stop recording for a week and it start again until March 2 2023. Thanks for the help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

I always use my Arlo app on my iPhone to look at local recording. It does show library and base station not cloud.

When you choose the base station in the library, are you getting an error? Or just seeing no recordings?

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

there is an error message. it said video stored on base station are not available. please check your connection setting. how can it be my setting. I never change my setting. it still set for record locally turn on, storage status is ready, and direct storage access is turn on. thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

there is an error message. it said video stored on base station are not available. please check your connection setting. 

Try putting the phone into airplane mode and then enabling wifi, to force the app to use your wifi.

minhpham
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks that work. not sure why the phone doesn't go thru wifi first. thanks for the help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@minhpham wrote:

thanks that work. not sure why the phone doesn't go thru wifi first.

Me either. 

I think you'll find that it works now even when you don't go into Airplane mode.  Let us know either way.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation