Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

lately can only video stream to my phone not PC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Thump
Aspirant
Aspirant

recently my 4 cams only seem to be able to live stream when i view from my phone, but when i log in on my laptop and PC and press play on any camera it just says please wait and doesnt stream. wondering if anyone else got this issue or faced this in the past

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different browser and/or computer? What OS is the computer using and what browser?

Thump
Aspirant
Aspirant

work laptop just upgraded to Windows 11, and windows 10 was the same. but a previous laptop streamed video feed from my 4 cameras quite  well. i would put it down to the laptop but as it turns out my home PC also doesnt stream camera video feed now either. the only place i can stream live video is to my samsun s22 ultra phone on the arlo app.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Thump wrote:

work laptop just upgraded to Windows 11, and windows 10 was the same. but a previous laptop streamed video feed from my 4 cameras quite  well. i would put it down to the laptop but as it turns out my home PC also doesnt stream camera video feed now either. the only place i can stream live video is to my samsun s22 ultra phone on the arlo app.

Are you using Chrome?

Thump
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem is the same with Chrome or edge. Thanks for suggesting but I tried both. The only platform that can live stream video is the arlo app

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried this on a Chromebook using Chrome. Live view and recording works fine - except that the live view is either totally white or black (depends on whether I tried from the Devices card or from the camera settings. Thus the live view is working for me but isn't useful unless I manually record.

Weird.

DeputyD0g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get any result from your Problem 

I have the same issue from either Chrome or Edge

cypress708
Guide
Guide

Yes, the same thing happened to my system in November/December 2023.  Same experience on multiple laptops - it doesn't matter if running Windows 7/10/11.  Picture opens and freezes - NO movement at all - powerlines are still, flowers don't move in the wind, but with audio on, I can still hear cars driving by on the road the camera is aimed at.   Arlo "support" blames it on the ISP, but the ISP ran diagnostic and their system has not changed.  Now I can only live stream on my phone - if/when the feed actually connects.  

jonasvj83
Aspirant
Aspirant
do you have a solution? i have the same problem.
cypress708
Guide
Guide
No, Arlo has not solved the PC viewer static visual feed problem. I don't believe it's solvable on the user's end. I believe the problem is on Arlo's end, related to program changes they made back in Nov/Dec 2023.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation