Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

chime 2 no longer working

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
halatacus01
Star
Star

Prior to the 4.3 update I had 2 alro ultra cameras and 3 chimes (1 x chime v1 connected to base station, and 2 x chime v2 connected to wifi) which were all set to play a traditional doorbell sound whenever motion was detected on either camera.  

I bought an extra 2 Arlo Pro 5 cameras and when I added them my UI changes in the App to the new version. Now my chimes no longer work properly.  the only one that is accessible is the v1 chime connected to the base by the 2 Pro 5 cameras,  The Arlo Ultras cannot access or trigger the chimes. I tried removing and adding back the devices with no luck and under new routines section there is an option to play a sound but only shows 1 v1 chime, I want to add all 3.

The whole system has been working fine until the update and adding the new cameras.  Now I am having the base station dropping connection and the chimes not functioning properly

Please Help

Arlo Chime Arlo Chime 2 Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera Arlo Pro 5S 2K 

8 REPLIES 8
halatacus01
Star
Star

Can anyone help with this?

thanks

halatacus01
Star
Star

Is it possible someone from Arlo could respond to this.  I currently cannot get my two chime v2 to connect to the arlo cameras after the latest update.

thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

halatcus01,

This is currently a limitation of the new user experience associated with the app update.

The development team is working on a solution for this. Stay tuned for an update.

JamesC

halatacus01
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply JamesC,

Good to know this bug is being fixed as I have 2 new doorbells that cannot be used.

Also since the update there is a limit on what routines can be set to only 2 and off, this greatly reduces the previous functionality and would be good to reintroduce the ability to add more routines again.

Overall the update seems several steps backwards

Peter

halatacus01
Star
Star

James,

Any news when this will be fixed?  Seen there was an update a couple of days ago but still the chime 2s do not connect to the cameras?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have any new information available at this time. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

MileHighATLien
Initiate
Initiate

I am having a basically the same issue.  To Arlo: this really is quite a CRITICAL item, as having the Chime play is really the only way of receiving notification when (for example) you are asleep when the alarm is triggered, and the actual device is far away such that you cannot hear its siren.  Any updates/ estimates for a resolution?

halatacus01
Star
Star

Hi James,

There has been another software update from arlo, and yet still the functionality has not been restored.  Do you think it's acceptable that the update broke the use of the chime 2 with the cameras, rendering them USELESS and has still not been fixed?  It has left our property unsecure for weeks.  It is appauling that the update from arlo was rolled out and not properly tested.

Also as a community manager it would be helpful if you DID have some news on resolving this serious issue.

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation