Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can I view camera from website?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ricka5568
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ymc2030

can I view camera from website

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Login to arlo website at my.arlo.com to view the web app.

You need to be on a pc or laptop using a web browser, trying to access it using a mobile device will default to the mobile app instead.

Ricka5568
Aspirant
Aspirant

My phone or iPad is available. I’m borrowing a iPhone from someone with no app on their phone. All I want to do it log in and view my camera through the browser. 

Ricka5568
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, phone is not available 

Ricka5568
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Dannybear, to my other question. Even when I’m on the app looking at the camera, I skip to library to view an event, then I go back live, now I have to click the button to go live again. So frustrating!

Thank you for your help. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This is just the way the mobile app works unfortunately.

If you’re trying to use multiple logins you get trumped since you’re only allowed to have more than one login session at a time per account. I.e. any newer login session logs out any existing session.

Creating a second account and granting sharing would give you multiple devices to view at the same time. Unfortunately unless you have the latest update UI (feed) with the owner account you will not be able to share since the older UI (library) is not compatible.

All newly created arlo accounts are forced to the newer UI. Once you update you can’t go back. 

Ricka5568
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know you say that’s just the way the mobile app works, but maybe it shouldn’t be. That’s also why I was trying to view the camera on the website. At one time you could do that. I was hoping it was that way again. If I recall, I could put it in a corner and it stay on top of anything as I browsed. Things change, not always for the better. 
Thank you 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The website login still supports PiP, right click on camera display while streaming and select picture in picture.

I know that it works for the older UI using chrome on Win10.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation