Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlouser121622
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of Alro Ultra 2 camera has zero length recordings. It detects motion and leaves 0:00 length clips. I cannot view live any more. I took the camera and did all troubleshooting- remove, factory reset, add - multiple times with no luck. I tested all this right next to the base station. Therefore it is not signal issue.
I saw the discussion with the exact symptoms but it was closed with no resolution. I wonder others still have this same issues. All firmwares are up to date. This is very frustrating.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support, select your camera model and start the process for a possible RMA under your 1 year warranty.

Arlouser121622
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I bought it more than a year ago. Do you think it is a hardware issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlouser121622 wrote:

Unfortunately I bought it more than a year ago. Do you think it is a hardware issue?

It could be. Other things you might try:

• reseting the base (requiring you to re-onboard all our cameras)
  • adding local storage, and see if the recordings are also 0 length in the local storage
Timothyloves
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem

Arlouser121622
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try resetting the base when I have a chance later. There are 7 cameras that are installed around the house and I have to drag my ladder out.

I actually use local storage. The zero length clips appear in the local storage only and, I think, it does not even go out to the cloud. The zero length clips are not listed in the Cloud.

Thank you again!

Arlouser121622
Aspirant
Aspirant

One more thing to mention.
Those zero length clip actually contains 1 second of video.

Arlouser121622
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the base and added cameras.  But this did NOT do anything.  Same behavior - no live view and 0:00 recording.   

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation