Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will the siren sound ONLY if there is movement in activity zone?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gr4ezer0
Follower
Follower

Having second thoughts about arming my system with sirens.  My cameras are set up outside with activity zones in place.  If I arm the system, will the siren sound ONLY if there is movement in the activity zone?  If not, it kind of makes arming with a siren seem...overkill.  I certainly don't want to sound an alarm for a car turning around in my cul-de-sac.
I read another article about sirens and smart detection and how it's a "security" feature to immediately set off the siren if it detects any movement so there is no delay waiting for the Arlo servers to determine what is actually moving, but there was no mention if there were activity zones set up.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi gr4ezer0,

The siren will turn on when ANY motion is detected from your Arlo camera (not from your activity zone area).The Siren feature utilizes the cameras PIR sensor to detect & immediately trigger the siren. The feature does not send the footage to Arlo servers for object determination allowing for the siren to be utilized immediately. This may help with an unwanted objects/intruder being deterred immediately. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation