Which power adapter for which device?!!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mpulse
Initiate
Initiate

Just bought 3-camera bundle at BestBuy - comes w/hub, charging station, etc.

The setup sheet says we should use the dual charging station to fully charge the camera battery before you mount the camera.

Fine, except there are two power adapters in the bundle: 1 for the charging station and 1 for the hub.

AND THEY ARE DIFFERENT. They look different, the part no. is different and the power output indicated on the labels is different yet they both have the same plug so either could be plugged into the other.

But you can't get support without setting up the camera and you can't setup the camera without a fully charged battery.

Anyone else run into this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mpulse
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, that's mine too. The labels on these are printed so tiny I cannot read them with my old eyes so I took a photo of them with my phone and was able to zoom in enough to see the input voltages:

12v - 2.5a for the charging station and 12 - 1.5a for the hub (part no. VMB5000 NA)

So I plugged in the charging station to the power adapter with matching amperage.

This basic setup ought to be worked out by Arlo. Either use a different connector so people can't make the mistake or mark them with colors or something. I took out a Sharpie and wrote all over one of the adapters "HUB!"

LOL - high tech at its best!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What model set did you buy ?

What is the different outputs of the adapters?

The newer cameras after Pro2 need only 5v to charge but the Pro cameras need a dual voltage output of 5/9v dc.

( pro2 takes also 5v )

I looked at my charging tube for the Pro/Pro2 batteries ( since you stated you had a hub too ) and they use the dual voltage adapter marked as output 5v and 9v...  I would GUESS, that the charging station would use the dual voltage over the other if the other is only 5v.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The adapter that came with my dual charger (VMA5400C) is labeled Netgear 332-11100-01.  Output is 12volts,2.5 amp.

Mpulse
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, that's mine too. The labels on these are printed so tiny I cannot read them with my old eyes so I took a photo of them with my phone and was able to zoom in enough to see the input voltages:

12v - 2.5a for the charging station and 12 - 1.5a for the hub (part no. VMB5000 NA)

So I plugged in the charging station to the power adapter with matching amperage.

This basic setup ought to be worked out by Arlo. Either use a different connector so people can't make the mistake or mark them with colors or something. I took out a Sharpie and wrote all over one of the adapters "HUB!"

LOL - high tech at its best!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation