Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB5000 Base Station - Online but Offline when Router Wifi Access control on for Wifi Mac address

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dougiestylz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got my Ultra 2 cameras and VMB5000 base station working fine with not router security.

Base station plugged in via ethernet into my Wifi Router.

When I switch my router access control back on for what I thought was Wifi access control through MAC address white list the VMB5000 goes off line. I can see the VMB5000 connected as a wired device which far as I know should be unaffected by the MAC address white list. I can't add the VMB5000 mac address to the list so definitely not related there.

I saw the VMB5000 wifi network (for the cameras I assume) appear on my phone and was able to see the MAC address for that so I added it to the Wifi MAC address white list but that made no difference, VMB still off line.

Turn off Access Control and VMB5000 comes back online.

Anyone see anything like that before? I though any device connected to a router Ethernet prop should just work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least on my Netgear R8000P any MAC address, wired or WiFi, can be allowed or blocked. I suspect you're seeing the same thing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At least on my Netgear R8000P any MAC address, wired or WiFi, can be allowed or blocked. I suspect you're seeing the same thing.

Dougiestylz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks.

Your are correct.

There seemed to be another issue with the router that after more research I found that the adding wired devise MAC addresses to the whitelist problem was fixed by doing a factory reset if the router.

After I did that I was able to add the VMB5000s MAC address to the whitelist and enable access control.

Now all is good and working as it should.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation