Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB-5000 auto disconnect after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dr3-EL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using VMB-5000 connecting with 2sets of Ultra2 & RBR350 Orbi Mesh router. It was working fine for the past year, after the last firmware update of my base station in end of May. I cannot view the live for more than 1min. The base station will goes offline within a minute live view. I try to change the wifi channel of my Orbi and avoid using the same channel Arol using. But the problem still. Anyone facing the same problem and any idea how to solve it? 

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dr3-EL,

When you say the base station goes offline, is it really the base station going offline or is it the camera?

When this happens, what is the LED behavior on the base station?

JamesC

Dr3-EL
Aspirant
Aspirant

The orange Led blinking and takes few minutes it turns to blue again. Your right it may be camera goes offline but I don't know why it keep happen recently. I tried to reset everything and change my Wifi channel. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dr3-EL wrote:

The orange Led blinking and takes few minutes it turns to blue again. Your right it may be camera goes offline but I don't know why it keep happen recently. I tried to reset everything and change my Wifi channel. 

Maybe try moving the camera closer to the base as a test, and see if the problem resolves.

Dr3-EL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I tried already but no improvement. All 2 cameras are located in the same room with the base station within 2-3m only. It was using great in the past year, no idea what happen with it suddenly. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you check the ethernet connectors?  It might also be useful to try a different LAN port if the Orbi router (or satellite) has one.

Dr3-EL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advise. My Orbi connected with my broadband router as AP mode. I tried to connect the base station directly to the BB router and Orbi also no help. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dr3-EL wrote:

Thanks for the advise. My Orbi connected with my broadband router as AP mode. 

thx, good to know.  In that case It shouldn't matter whether the ethernet is connected to the Orbi or to the modem.

Is the app showing that the base is offline? 

When the problem occurs, can you ping the base from a PC?  You should be able to find it's IP address from the router's attached device list.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation