Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fancycactus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I know that most cameras cannot connect to a WPA2-Enterprise network directly but with the Ultra 2's- the base can hardwire to the network and the cameras are supposed to connect to the private network broadcasted by the base. I cannot seem to find clarification online but... does this mean that you can technically get around the WPA2-Enterprise limitation by using this setup and connecting the base this way? The base will not have any issues when connected hardwired to an Enterprise LAN, assuming there's nothing getting in the way on the firewall?

I just wanted to clarify as we were looking at these cameras as a possible solution since newer Google Nest cameras do not work. Would hate to purchase and then have the same issues.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fancycactus wrote:

the Ultra 2's- the base can hardwire to the network and the cameras are supposed to connect to the private network broadcasted by the base. I cannot seem to find clarification online but...

To be clear - Ultra cameras can ONLY connect to a closed wifi system hosted by the base.  The base connects with ethernet,  with no authentication.

fancycactus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, that was my understanding. So there shouldn’t be any issues with this setup as long as an internet connection is available essentially, is that right?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fancycactus wrote:

Thank you, that was my understanding. So there shouldn’t be any issues with this setup as long as an internet connection is available essentially, is that right?

Correct.  The base uses ports 80, 123, 440.  So you might need to adjust some firewall rules.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation