Ultra 2 system and subscription service

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an Arlo 2 Pro system with 5 cameras. 5 is the max number of cameras I can have without a subscription.  I can still view the previous 7 days of activity (no more) with this system. I was considering getting the Arlo Ultra 2. From my research on this board, With the Ultra 2, it appears that after the free subscription period is over I would not even get to review the previous 7 days, Is this truly the case with the Ultra? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

So just a little more clearification. After the free subscription period, the camera would still work but all I would be able to do is watch live video. I would not be able to see activity from alerts even for that day. Is that correct.

You'd get the notifications, but you wouldn't be able to see the video that triggered them.

See

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

From my research on this board, With the Ultra 2, it appears that after the free subscription period is over I would not even get to review the previous 7 days, Is this truly the case with the Ultra? 

Yes.  And it is the case for all currently sold cameras.  Arlo stopped offering 7-day free cloud storage for new camera models back in 2018.

nmjones
Aspirant
Aspirant

So just a little more clearification. After the free subscription period, the camera would still work but all I would be able to do is watch live video. I would not be able to see activity from alerts even for that day. Is that correct.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nmjones wrote:

You'd get the notifications, but you wouldn't be able to see the video that triggered them.

See

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation