Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 detecting motion every couple of minutes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScottB334
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of the cameras detects motion every couple of minutes after owning it for a year. If I read one more article saying to reset everything, switch it with another camers, etc. I am going to scream. None of it works. Best case is it fixes it until the next real motion is detected and then it goes right back to detecting motion every few minutes. I have tried every suggestion I can find. None of it works.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a subscription, have you contacted official support? If the camera is within the warranty period, it may get replaced. Unfortunately, too many folks wait too long to start that process and the warranty (and, hence, the replacement possibility) expires, leaving you with a bum camera.

One thing that could work would be to use a different camera to trigger the suspect one instead of letting it trigger itself. The views would have to overlap for this to work properly but it's worth a shot.

ScottB334
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camers is past it's warranty. I am asking if there is a way to get it fixed even if I have to pay for it or am I just SOL with a $300 camera that lasted a whole 16 months? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No fixes are available. That's why I suggested a possible way to not be totally SOL.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation