Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 camera battery replacement

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Skippy70
Follower
Follower

I am having trouble getting the outer shell part to release from the camera to replace the battery.  When I press the release button on the bottom, the camera hardly moves and I end up using my fingernails to try and pry it apart.  This has been going on for many months and I contacted support and was bounced from rep to rep and nothing done.  Each time they sent a message that they will solve the problem and value me, the last message was to send a video since they could not understand what I was talking about.  I did that and no response.  Very expensive cameras that seem like cheap quality on some areas.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skippy70 wrote:

I am having trouble getting the outer shell part to release from the camera to replace the battery.  When I press the release button on the bottom, the camera hardly moves and I end up using my fingernails to try and pry it apart. 

Shaking the camera a bit can also get it started.

Try getting some silcone grease, and apply it to the O-ring.

FWIW, a tight fit is actually a good thing, as it keeps water from getting inside the camera.

pengaentu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Ultra 2 - and when I press the button on the bottom to eject the camera portion with the battery in it, nothing happens. I have to use my fingernails to try to pry it out. Contacted Arlo customer service and I might as well talk to the wall!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pengaentu wrote:

I have the Arlo Ultra 2 - and when I press the button on the bottom to eject the camera portion with the battery in it, nothing happens. I have to use my fingernails to try to pry it out. 

Get some silicone grease, and apply it to the O-ring.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation