Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 batteries last only days. Camera goes off constantly. Tried reducing sensitivity.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LB77
Follower
Follower

Have had an Arlo Ultra 2 system for a few months. I’m currently using 3/4 cams. One camera I have in a non trafficked area seems fine and I have no battery issues.

2 cams in front of house go off constantly. I have set as minimal activity zones as I can, about 90% of my driveway is no longer covered. I don’t have plants, trees etc covered and minimal shadows. I also set the cams to detect only people/vehicles. I turned down sensitivity about 1/2 way as well.

Problem is they never stop alerting, they alert on any tiny shadow or a leaf blowing etc...sometimes for no discernible reason at all. I’m happy if my battery lasts a week. Any advice would be appreciated before I return the system.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Camera positioning is key. Possibly rotating the camera down would help but the extreme wide angle lens makes this difficult to do. Post a screenshot of the camera views for suggestions. Also, be sure you're turning the sensitivity down in your modes and rules, not the motion test.

pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

In your video mode settings, what do you have the video mode set up at? If possible, maybe narrow it down a little as you have two camera's covering the area.

Turn off the Auto Zoom and Tracking.

Maybe adjust the power management. I get 60 days with lots of triggering events. In fact, I wish that there was a quick overide of alerts for an hour or so.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation