Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 Spotlight Camera (4) camera set battery question

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a (4) camera set recently, which includes (4) batteries, of course. 3 cameras have a screw to mount the camera on a including swivel mount; those batteries are easy to insert by pressing the white button next to the charging port on the camera, taking the camera out of the white housing, etc.  The fourth camera is part of an integrated "total security mount housing", and this unit is entirely different than the other three cameras.  There is no white button to press to cause the camera to pop out of the housing. How do I get the camera out of the housing on this fourth camera, in order to charge the battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

I figured it out! There is a tiny white hex key that comes in the box, which permits you to remove the camera from the security housing. It appears this is intended to protect the camera from being removed. Problem solved. Thanks!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I know nothing about this "total security mount housing" and don't see it in Arlo's accessories. Where did you buy this set - was this a special kit provided by the vendor, not Arlo? If you have a link to it, I'd like to see what you have.

As for charging, is the magnetic charging port available on this camera? If so, that's how you would charge it, using either the solar panel or the outdoor charging cable.

eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

I bought this set at Costco recently. Here is a link to the camera I'm having trouble with:

https://www.costco.com/arlo-ultra-2-spotlight-camera-wire-free-security-system-4-pack-with-total-sec...

The (3)  cameras on the left have the white button next to the magnetic charging port but the (1) camera on the far right is permanently mounted on a white "security mount".   There is a magnetic charging port on the bottom. Its designed to hook onto a permanetly wall-mounted base. Problem is: I can't find any way to insert a battery.  When hooked up to the charger, the camera will work but when I remove it from the charger, the camera goes offline and on the app, it says the camera is "deactivated."

eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

MODEL?  Also, on the package it says that the model is VMS5440-2CCNAS.

Oddly, that is not a listed model on the drop down menu where this question format asks for the model number.

I bought this at Costco.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the link - I see what you're talking about. I wasn't aware of this mount.

Since there's no way to remove the camera (or so it seems) recharging will obviously need to be done with the magnetic charger. Did the battery go dead before charging? There's an FAQ here on how to revive a dead battery - basically plug it in at least 6 times to get enough charge in the battery to allow it to charge.

It may also be useful to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I have been unable to get a battery inserted at all. This particular camera will work when it is directly hooked up to the magnetic charging port (I left it hooked up overnight), but once removed from that charging port, the app says "You device is not connected."  I have tried to call Arlo a few times but apparently their support staffing is down to a minimum (holiday weekend, perhaps?), but will continue to try. Thank you again!

eyoungdallas
Tutor
Tutor

I figured it out! There is a tiny white hex key that comes in the box, which permits you to remove the camera from the security housing. It appears this is intended to protect the camera from being removed. Problem solved. Thanks!!

dcfox1
Master
Master

Thanks for your solution. I was curious about it also even though I don't have Ultra 2.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation