Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 Spotlight Bundle Mount question

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
imahawki78
Follower
Follower

I have been agonizing researching HomeKit compatible gear and finally settled on Arlo for cameras. Today I stopped by Best Buy and bought an Ultra 2 bundle (3 cameras, charger, extra battery, Ultra hub). I got home and realized all three cameras have the anti-theft mounts. My current plan is for all three cameras to be indoors and the magnetic mounts would work way better. However I got a really good deal so I might be willing to buy the regular cases and magnetic mounts on Amazon and keep the bundle. With that said, will that work? Can I swap out the camera housing/case with one that doesn't have the anti-theft mount built in? Are the magnets built into the camera or the case? I don't want to open everything and find out I have three cameras limited to the anti-theft cases.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@imahawki78 wrote:

My current plan is for all three cameras to be indoors and the magnetic mounts would work way better. However I got a really good deal so I might be willing to buy the regular cases and magnetic mounts on Amazon and keep the bundle. With that said, will that work? Can I swap out the camera housing/case with one that doesn't have the anti-theft mount built in? 

Yes - you can purchase replacement housings and magnetic mounts.  

@imahawki78 wrote:

Are the magnets built into the camera or the case? 

The magnets are built into the base, there is a piece of steel in the back of the normal housing.

Note the XL upgrade won't work for you, as the XL housing doesn't have the steel (likely because the bigger battery in the XL makes the camera too heavy for the magnetic mount).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation