Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
quibble
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All - new to my Ultra 2 set-up and so far really pleased. This may be a bit of a noob question - how to I grab high quality photos from the recordings?

In the Android app notification, I get a lovely clear photo of the person / vehicle / animal .... tagged and identified. Is there a way to get a full size / full resolution of these photos? When I try and to a grab from the video I seem to get an image that has some motion-blur.

Thx

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Easiest way to get good pics from vids;

1) download video

2) get VLC player ( free )

3) play back in VLC and use the snapshot feature of prgm ( also has slow mo and single frames )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where is the camera (photo) option in the full resolution mobile app? If I can see the 4K icon, the camera icon has disappeared. I can only get it back by downgrading my live stream.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@pwaggs wrote:

Where is the camera (photo) option in the full resolution mobile app? If I can see the 4K icon, the camera icon has disappeared. I can only get it back by downgrading my live stream.

When 4K live is enabled you can not record or take a snapshot in Live view. Not sure why but it is the way it is. You said in another post you can on laptop and I can also on Tablet with the Pro3  but i don't believe it a true 2k steam like the phone. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

When using the web portal I just click download, it shows up in the downloads folder and it opens with the movies and tv program that comes with win10 which has all the editing capabilities needed.  I used to use the VLC download but got tired of the ads and crap that came with it.  The movies and tv video does everything needed.  Now that I picked up a new 11 gen I7 I can even watch right from the portal without downloading first.  I also use that for viewing and editing the SD card.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Another thing I've done is to download to photos on my phone and send to my computer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have never seen VLC with ads, etc. Are you getting it straight from Videolan or fromm some site that might be adding stuff?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

from the Microsoft store and it always starts with videos and other crap that's not on my computer.  But now that I don't need it, it doesn't really matter.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation