Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ultra 2 4K - recording in 4k on SD card on base station with single camera cloud subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Deeg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 x ultra 2 cameras connected to my Smart hub base station. I am not in a position to pay $29 per month for a 4k cloud subscription for 2 cameras but still want the other functionality I get with a cloud subscription. I have opted to put the two cameras on Arlo single camera subscription. This only sends videos to the cloud in 2k. Thats ok but I want to store in 4K on my SD card in case I need to refer to a clip with higher resolution . With this single camera subscription it wont let me store locally in 4k only 2k. If I cancel the subscription I can store locally again in 4k but lose some features I want from the cloud subscription like geo fencing and activity zones. If only I knew this I wouldn’t have purchased arlo. Can anyway advise if I am doing something wrong? I cant even live stream on my phone in 4k if I have the single camera subscription.?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deeg wrote:
Can anyway advise if I am doing something wrong?

You aren't.  If you have the Arlo Secure (2K) subscription, then all recordings are 2K (local and cloud).

@Deeg wrote:
I cant even live stream on my phone in 4k if I have the single camera subscription.?

I have Secure Plus, so I can't test this myself.  But I think you should be able to livestream in 4K.

What options are you seeing in video settings on the phone app?  (Note you won't see the 2K/4K livestream option in my.arlo.com).

Deeg
Aspirant
Aspirant
It says 2k seems that if you opt for 2K plan in the cloud then local storage is also only recorded in 2K
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deeg wrote:
It says 2k seems that if you opt for 2K plan in the cloud then local storage is also only recorded in 2K

Yes, I said that above.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation