Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The hub for ultra 2

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have now tryed for several days, to set up or hub too the internet with now succes. We have tryed the toubleshooting, that where sujected and still no succes.

We have internet. We have done it the right way. Anybody that have tryed the same.

We have tryed to call the non-existing support (twice and everytime half an hour). 
our hub is WMB 5000

Flemming and Camilla 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for help.

Now all the problems are solve.

- the power have a swift 

- first the wrong Lan port

- second we had too have a technician our, because our only Lan port was occuppied off a speciel gear from “Nielsen Panel”.

Then the LED turnés blue.

- we have to reset the hub

- “checked out” from the app and then write the password and Enter again…..

AND finaly…..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the hub connected to your router using the Ethernet cable? What is the LED on the hub showing? I know you said that you've tried everything but we don't know what that means so tell us what you've tried and what you see.

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the hub is conected with the Ethernetkabel. First the Ethernetkabel and then the power. i’ve check that there is internetconnection. First the LED is amber approximately3-4 sec, and it’s for a very short moment blue and a last it’s blinking amber.

I’ve tried to reset the hub (for 10sec, but it didn’t help).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ca-fl wrote:

Yes the hub is conected with the Ethernetkabel. First the Ethernetkabel and then the power. i’ve check that there is internetconnection. First the LED is amber approximately3-4 sec, and it’s for a very short moment blue and a last it’s blinking amber.

And on-boarding the smarthub with the app (or a PC using my.arlo.com) doesn't work?

You say you've checked the internet connection - how have you done this?  Did you look at your router's attached device list, and find the smarthub there?  Have you tried to ping the smarthub?  Something else?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ca-fl wrote:

I’ve tried to reset the hub (for 10sec, but it didn’t help).

What you describe is the result of the hub rebooting until it finishes and you see the blinking amber. That amber blinking means there's no connection to the Internet and possibly to your router. Check the router's settings to see if the hub has been assigned an IP address. If no IP address has been assigned, try a different Ethernet cable and a different port on the router. You can also look at the LEDs on the router's port to check their status compared to other ports.

If there is an IP address and everything appears to be fine, it's possible that there's an issue with either the router's settings or that your ISP has blocked access to the Arlo servers. You can try rebooting the router to see if that helps - sometimes the router gets weird (it's just another computer).

Until you have a solid blue LED after the hub reboots, nothing will work.

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I’ve the solid blue LED. The problem was with the LAN port. Now we have solve that problem.

BUT, when I set it up with the app, first the Ethernet cable and than the power,  it’s says (on the app), that no Arlo components found.

so what now (again)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You previously said you tried resetting the hub. Did you hold the reset button until the LED started flashing amber (likely in a different pattern than what you had before)? Try the link below to ensure you're using the proper procedure. ALso, make sure the hub doesn't show up in your account - if it does, remove it.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062881/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-Arlo-Secure-4-...

ca-fl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for help.

Now all the problems are solve.

- the power have a swift 

- first the wrong Lan port

- second we had too have a technician our, because our only Lan port was occuppied off a speciel gear from “Nielsen Panel”.

Then the LED turnés blue.

- we have to reset the hub

- “checked out” from the app and then write the password and Enter again…..

AND finaly…..

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation