Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switching account users

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Patrick007
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can I access my Arlo by removing previous user in the account?
8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Patrick007 wrote:
How can I access my Arlo by removing previous user in the account?

Can you clarify a bit more?

Do you

• want to move your cameras, etc to a new acount
  • want to remove someone who was granted friend access
  • change the email address of the existing account?
Patrick007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to remove someone from an account who had access.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Patrick007 wrote:
I want to remove someone from an account who had access.

Ok. 

If they had "friend" access to the account, then you use the procedure here: https://kb.arlo.com/1101094/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account

If they were using the primary account credentials, then the best thing do to is change the password.  If their phone or tablet was trusted, then also remove it from the trusted list.

Patrick007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot remove them from an account they’ve created. I’m paying for the service but can’t access the Arlo camera on my phone.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Patrick007 wrote:
I cannot remove them from an account they’ve created. I’m paying for the service but can’t access the Arlo camera on my phone.

Not sure I fully understand.

Are you saying that they set up the primary account, and that you are using the friend account?

Can you log into the primary account?

Patrick007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not using friends account. The person moved out of my house but am still paying for the service. I can’t access Arlo. I want to cancel my service.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Patrick007 wrote:
I’m not using friends account. The person moved out of my house but am still paying for the service. I can’t access Arlo. I want to cancel my service.

If you can't log into the account, and don't have the account owner's cooperation, you might need to cancel the credit card.  

You can try sending a PM to @JamesC and see if he can help.

Patrick007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to discontinue my service with Arlo. I’m paying for the service but cannot access the account. The person that registered Arlo moved out and I find it pointless paying for service am not receiving.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation