Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tom2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

They say you can have the hub up to 90 metres from the camera, ours is 10 metres and it's useless.

I moved the hub closer to the balcony camera, which made it further away from the courtyard camera and now that's awful. It's so intermittent, does anyone have any ideas for improving?

I purchased this, do I need to get a better hub? 

https://www.arlo.com/au/products/arlo-ultra/default.aspx#buying_options

8 REPLIES 8
pwaggs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which SmartHub do you have? The SmartHub that comes with the Ultra 2 has increased range and signal processing. It sounds like you may have connected an Ultra2 camera to an original Ultra SmartHub. Can you give us a photo or a model number or type of the original Cameras and SmartHub?

Tom2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sure, please see attached!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Tom2021,

If you're still having problems where you're having some range issue between your SmartHub and camera, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

These issues have been around as long as the first Ultra and the answers are always the same and nothing you hear from support will be different. Move them apart, elevate them, change locations.  Can these things help, yes, can the fix it - NO.  If I can get a great signal from my router 400 feet from my house.  If I can stream 4K movies to a RV 100 feet from my house through all the same walls, mirrors, brick and other things as the Arlo hub then yes there is a issue with the quality of the hub.  Just as I can buy a cheap router that will not perform as well as a quality router, the Arlo hub does not perform as one should on a system this pricey.  That it has been an issue for this long is on Arlo. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@LandJS You should probably try the Pro 4 since your wifi is that good. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Well now if I hadn't already spent 2600 on my Ultras I probably would and you should probably invest in better service and equipment if yours isn't.  Are you who is nowhere near me trying to say I can't watch 4k out in my RV or have wi-fi on my phone clean across a 3 acre field.  If so stop by and bring enough for a solid bet

dcfox1
Master
Master

It was just a suggestion. Not disagreeing with you. 

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I did say if so lol.  If I was to get technical  400 ft. wouldn't be accurate.  It's 200 feet to the fence and counting posts 210 down the fence.  In a straight line that's probably closer to the 300 ft for wi-fi.  It's 20 ft. to my driveway cam and another 40 to the back of the RV but that wouldn't be my point.  The RV is 40 ft, farther and can stream fine, the driveway cam struggles to keep 2 bars and sometimes drops.  Two tv's at the far end of the house stream without issue but the cam there also struggles to keep two bars.  I just believe the quality of the hub is sub par for a system being pushed as one of the best and when the Ultra 2 is supposed to have improved on signal and people are still having issues at 10 to 15 feet Arlo has dropped the ball.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation