Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up schedule for cameras. Only seeing SmartHub under Mode but not camera?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sterg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a couple of Ultra 2 wireless cameras and Ultra base station. I see a lot of info about scheduling activities. They say to Click Mode and then select the device (camera) to schedule. But the Smart Hub is the only device in my Mode section.

They both connect to wifi and I can control them with it in their device settings, but there is no scheduling option in the Device settings. Also don't see how to add them to the Mode section.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sterg wrote:

I have a couple of Ultra 2 wireless cameras and Ultra base station. I see a lot of info about scheduling activities. They say to Click Mode and then select the device (camera) to schedule. But the Smart Hub is the only device in my Mode section.

Not sure where you are looking - but if you have a base station, then you schedule the base, not the cameras.

You might need to create a custom mode in order to achieve your goal.  For instance, if you want one camera enabled during the day, and the other one disabled, then you first create a mode for your base that does that.  Then put that custom mode in your schedule.

Sterg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to set a schedule under the Schedule mode, for night time. To arm between 6 pm and 8 am. It will not let me save that schedule.

Then I tried to add a new schedule called "night time" but it says I can't use that name because it's already in use. But I can't find where there might be a list of schedules in order to delete those schedules.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sterg wrote:

Then I tried to add a new schedule called "night time" 

There is only one schedule for the base, and it is called schedule.  I'm not sure what you were actually doing, perhaps you can provide a screen shot?

@Sterg wrote:

I have tried to set a schedule under the Schedule mode, for night time. To arm between 6 pm and 8 am. It will not let me save that schedule.

You have to do this in two pieces - adding between 6 pm and 11:59 pm, and adding again between 12:00am and 8 am.  You can't create a single entry that crosses midnight.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation