Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Misplaced screw for mount

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Beatricek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have miss placed the screw for the camera mount. I tried reaching out to customer service but they continue giving me the runaround asking me for every single piece of evidence to prove that I own this camera Before they agree to send me a new screw. I offered to pay for the screw and they tried to tell me that they don’t sell them separately and then I have to buy a brand new mount just for the screw. I’m really surprised the customer service is so nitpicky seeing as I just spent a bunch of cash to buy their system. Anybody else have issues like this?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Beatricek wrote:

I seem to have miss placed the screw for the camera mount.

Why not just go to the hardware store and buy another one?  It doesn't need to match exactly, it just needs to have an appropriate sized head to secure the mount.

Beatricek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would Be happy to go to hardware store but I don’t have the specification for the exact screw and head size.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Just take one of the other screws with and they will match it for you.  At least I've never found one that won't.

Beatricek
Aspirant
Aspirant

If i had a screw to match it with, i would.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Sorry guess I assumed by mount you meant the metal ones that have 3 screws.  You must be talking about the magnetic mount which has one.  As StephanB said just get a screw that fits the slot.  Take the mount with and they will make sure you get the right screw at the store depending on what you are mounting it to.  It doesn't have to be the exact one which I found to be a rather cheap quality that stripped easily if used more than once.  Mine are now all the metal mounts and replace the magnetic ones I had.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation