Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M_kaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
Is it possible to view ultra 2 or pro 4 cameras remotely (live) when I'm away from home on iPhone without a subscription?
Thanks
M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@M_kaj wrote:

Do you know if remote live streaming (without subscription) require reconfiguration of your router (I read something about VPN and port forwarding which sounds complicated) or is that not correct ?

You won't need to reconfigure your router, or use a VPN or port forwarding.

You are perhaps thinking about direct access to local storage (accessing a locally stored video library).  That is quite different from live streaming the camera.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@M_kaj wrote:

Do you know if remote live streaming (without subscription) require reconfiguration of your router (I read something about VPN and port forwarding which sounds complicated) or is that not correct ?

You are perhaps thinking about direct access to local storage (accessing a locally stored video library).  That is quite different from live streaming the camera.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@M_kaj wrote:

Is it possible to view ultra 2 or pro 4 cameras remotely (live) when I'm away from home on iPhone without a subscription?

Yes.  More information on what features you lose when the trial subscription ends is here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062312/What-options-will-I-have-when-the-Arlo-trial-ends

M_kaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen - much appreciated.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@M_kaj wrote:

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation