Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Live streaming is not possible without "subscription"?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Jeremy7
Follower
Follower

Hi guys, I bought two Arlo ultra 2 cameras with smarthub last week for research purpose (recording animal behaviors). I initially had little trouble with "local storage record" with trial subscription because my videos were stored in cloud. So I deleted subscription but afterwards "record" button is gone.  I read through several discussions and did some settings as attached but not working

I came across to this discussion at the end (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Proving-that-Arlo-does-not-allow-local-recording-without/td...), and said live streaming record is not available without subscription.

Is it true? Can't believe using this kind of simple and fundamental function need to be paid even after spending $500. . . Please help

Jeremy7_0-1656912459758.pngJeremy7_2-1656912521315.png Jeremy7_3-1656912572232.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
True.
Even legacy models were never allowed to live stream (manual) record to the local USB backup storage devices.
Manual recording was always to cloud storage, hence no cloud, no record.
Return the system and cite not fit for purpose or go with the subscription plan.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
True.
Even legacy models were never allowed to live stream (manual) record to the local USB backup storage devices.
Manual recording was always to cloud storage, hence no cloud, no record.
Return the system and cite not fit for purpose or go with the subscription plan.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation