Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased Ultra 2 Camera + Video Doorbell. View camera/doorbell with iPhone/HomeKit/Google?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tomspayne75
Follower
Follower

I just purchased an Arlo Ultra 2 camera set + Video Doorbell. I want to know the best way to use the below without issue, if their is issue that is. I was also looking at EufyCam but saw they have some mixed compatibility issues.

- I want to be able to use my iPhone to view cameras/Doorbell

- I want to be able to use my Apple TV to view my cameras/doorbell (HomeCam?)

- I want to be able to use my Google screens (Lenovo) to view my cameras (least important)

I do plan to use the subscription service, although my understanding is you can now view your local recordings from the app? Can you view live from the app without the subscription service?

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi tomspayne75,

- I want to be able to use my iPhone to view cameras/Doorbell

Yes, you can use the Arlo app on your iPhone to view your cameras and doorbell.

- I want to be able to use my Apple TV to view my cameras/doorbell (HomeCam?)

We have HomeKit available for Arlo Ultra 2 but not available for the Video Doorbell. You can read here more about Apple HomeKit and Arlo: What are the benefits of connecting my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

- I want to be able to use my Google screens (Lenovo) to view my cameras (least important)

You can view your Arlo cameras with the following:

• A Google Home Hub, a Chromecast device, a TV with Chromecast, or a media player with Chromecast
  • The Google Assistant app on your mobile device

For more information, you can read more here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

I do plan to use the subscription service, although my understanding is you can now view your local recordings from the app? Can you view live from the app without the subscription service?

If you are referring to cloud recording, then yes, you can view this through the Arlo app with the Arlo Smart subscription. Otherwise, you can set up with local storage, which is connecting a USB device or SD card (depending on your Base Station or SmartHub) to record locally. To view videos saved on a local storage USB device, you must remove the USB device from the base station. Cloud recording is still enabled, but if you do not want to interrupt USB recording while you view videos, set up a second USB device for USB recording. 

And yes, you can live stream from the Arlo app without Arlo Smart subscription. You can read here what features are available without the subscription service: What options will I have when the Arlo Smart 3-month trial plan ends?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation