Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Orange dot on setting menu

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

1000002977.jpg

Ever since I bought this new Ultra 2 susyem with the doorbeel and vmb5000 hub, I have an orange dot on ALL settings menu. Orange dot on the settings dots at the top and an orange dot on ALL my cameras and doorbell menu dots. When I open, it does NOT show anything for me to check. Like I said, it has been like this from day 1 and its been a month now and the orange dots wont go away. Please help. Also have the dot on my camera menu. Could not get that one in the picture.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

There will be an upcoming update to address the orange dot reports. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as it's released. 

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The dot is just there to let you know some setting hasn't been configured, even though you may not want to configure it such as emergency response, etc. If it really bothers you, go into Settings and look for the dot in there - could be for a device or for a system setting.

Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

Thats the problem. There is nothing under settings. I checked everything and nothing needs attention. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see you're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings while I'm using the new one so I can't be sure if that's the problem.  @JamesC , @ShayneS or @BrookeN ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wanted to add the following:

- at some point the orange dot has disappeared from all the menus in the cameras (without me doing anything), but as soon as I removed and re-added an audio doorbell, it has re-appeared. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, this should be resolved in a future App update. I will provide more detail when we get closer to the release. 

MagicAce79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Subscribing to this issue since mine looks the same. I have only an orange dot on one the units though. No dots if I enter settings.

Let me know if I can contribute with more info.

1000001407.png

Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

Has been many months and many updates and tje orange dots are still there. It really is annoying. Also, will they ever come out with some kind of delete all option for tje video clips? Im tired of deleting every clip one by one especially when I get over 100 clips every night.

Screenshot_20240322_225746_Arlo Secure.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There will be an upcoming update to address the orange dot reports. I will be sure to update this thread as soon as it's released. 

rbermejo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've checked all settings, nothing more to configure, dot will just won't go away

Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

There has been at least 3-4 updates since you posted this comment. Orange dot is STILL there. Are you guys even trying to solve this problem?

Kaveman
Tutor
Tutor

How do you even get the new UI? All I can seem to get/use is the (older) one with the library. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kaveman wrote:

How do you even get the new UI? All I can seem to get/use is the (older) one with the library. 

If you want it, then go into "Add device" and select a Pro 5s camera.  You don't need to have one.  The install can't be completed, but the workflow will migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck.

Once migrated, there is no going back.  Issues with "Feed" include

• no custom modes - just three built-in ones.  These can be tailored, but new ones cannot be added
  • geofencing plus scheduling doesn't completely work, you will need to manually set modes if you use both.
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'd recommend against migrating to the new UI, especially if you're using local storage. Local storage under the new UI is more difficult to access. 

I spent the whole day having to re-do my schedules and if you look over reports on here, it's a common feature.

Last time I complained about the orange dot, I got migrated over soon after, and I do regret that, as the new UI isn't user friendly.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation