Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

One of four Arlo H6 cameras not recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rickaustin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Arlo Ultra 2 wireless cameras recording locally to base station. One of the four cameras has been misbehaving.

• I cannot connect to camera via Arlo iOS app and stream video (appears to timeout)
  • The camera does detect motion and appears to take a snapshot but records maybe 1s of video
  • I have tried all the advice I can find online (remove camera from base, hold sync button for 15s, reattach camera to base, etc. etc.)
  • Camera fully charged, all devices on latest firmware
  • For the troubleshooting, camera has line of sight with base station and is less than 10ft from base
  • The other three cameras work perfectly

Any ideas / suggestion how to fix this one very expensive camera?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickaustin wrote:

Try swapping it with one of the other three, and see if the problem moves with the camera, or stays at the location.

rickaustin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have three cameras in the same room. Are you suggesting it’s a location problem? Is so, I haven proven it is not. Have tried camera from multiple locations. This is a device and/or software problem. Behavior would lead me to believe it’s a software / configuration problem.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickaustin wrote:
Are you suggesting it’s a location problem? 

No, I was just proposing a test to figure out if it was (or wasn't).  You didn't say that you'd already tried that.

Though if the camera is too close to the router or base, you can get wifi interference.  Similarly, there can be wifi interference if the base is too close to the router.

@rickaustin wrote:
This is a device and/or software problem. Behavior would lead me to believe it’s a software / configuration problem.

You've done the factory reset on the camera, so it seems unlikely to be software (since it only affects the one camera).   I guess you could try resetting everything (removing all devices from the account, resetting them all - including the base - and then re-adding them).  That would clear out any configuration issue in the base.

You could try exchanging with the seller or contacting support.

rickaustin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did mention that I had tried everything that I could find online (reset camera, base station and reconfigured all cameras, etc.). I see this exact issue happening all over this forum as far back as 2019 so it’s not a new issue or unique to me. The cameras have been working well for almost two years now. Was just hoping there was not some reset / reboot sequence that I overlooked.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rickaustin wrote:
I did mention that I had tried everything that I could find online (reset camera, base station and reconfigured all cameras, etc.). 

Yes, but I can only go by what you say - I don't guess what "etc" includes.

rickaustin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have four Arlo Ultra 2 wireless cameras recording locally to base station. One of the four cameras has been misbehaving.
I cannot connect to camera via Arlo iOS app and stream video (appears to timeout)
The camera does detect motion and records approx 1s of video
I have tried all the advice I can find online (remove camera from base, hold sync button for 15s, reattach camera to base, reset base and reconfigured all cameras, moved cameras around)
Camera fully charged, all devices on latest firmware
For the troubleshooting, camera has line of sight with base station and is less than 10-15ft from base
The other three cameras work perfectly

Thank you in advance.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation