Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Official Arlo Solar Panel Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
uniqueuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

My solar panel isn't working. My battery drained in two weeks.  I DON'T have my activity zone set facing a busy road or anything.  The video quality is set to optimized and I don't use the light. I installed a fully charged battery when connecting the solar panel.

As you can see from the photo below, it does get sunlight (probably for four hours per day).

Anything I can try to fix this?

PXL_20230911_183209313.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The solar panel will not fast charge the camera battery as it only a trickle charger and so can take a few days to top up the battery.

A way to improve the top up ability is to locate the panel to a location that has sun for most of the day like the roof.

Regards the camera battery reduced performance, consider the distance from the base station is within its range.

Also if using smart activity zones and notifications the camera maybe constantly streaming to the cloud server which will drain battery quicker.

ArloUserB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had similar issues, 

When the ultra 2 is at 100pc with a solar panel connected. The camera doesn't detect the real battery level and stays stuck at 100pc. Evenutally the battery drains to 0 and takes your camera offline for no apparent reason.

Only a panel cable disconnect for a few seconds and reconnect forces the camera to reinitialise and detect its real power level. Then the panel starts to charge again. This happens again once you hit 100pc charge. This becomes annoying when you have the camera in a high spot and need to grab a ladder to disconnect the cable and reconnect it to force a reinitialisation.

I have do the above every now and then to force the camera to detect the real charge level to allow the panel to charge the camera back up. Its an issue with the panel and the ultra 2. Most likely the firmware.

Running the camera without a panel works fine - battery level report normal usage.

Note: with genuine arlo panels too

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation