Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notification sounds

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

On android 14 I am unable to set a custom notification sound under system app settings. Please assist. 

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit the phone settings for the Arlo app. Edit the Notifications section and then click on Notifications (NOT the toggle). You can set the sound there.

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @jguerdat for the prompt response. Just to let you know that I'm on Android 14 UI 6.1, not sure if that makes a difference! Should I find the setting under Settings>>Apps>>Arlo Secure>>Notifications? If so, I don't see the setting! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You went to the right place. Look at the attached images - the first shows the screen where you can toggle various notifications (including Notifications itself). The second shows what is displayed when you click on the word "Notifications" (NOT the toggle). You may have to wait for the images to be approved before you can see them but try just clicking on the word "Notifications" to see the place to set the custom sound.

Screenshot_20240128-100840.png

Screenshot_20240128-100853.png

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @jguerdat , my view looks different. 

Please see the images below: 

1000002081.jpg

1000002082.jpg

My Notifications option only have a toggle switch, I don't have the ability to also click the word "Notifications".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone do you have? Samsung ones seem to be the most problematic with their customizations.

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Samsung Galaxy S24+

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For whatever reason, Samsung seems to have made enough changes to not only their settings but to other parts of Android that make it somewhat problematic with the Arlo app.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN  can you illuminate us on any issues getting Samsung devices to play nice?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for sharing the behavior you are experiencing with the notification sounds on the android device. The development team is currently looking into it. We will update the community when we have more information.

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your response. I eagerly await your reply.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Hi BrookeN,

I'm still unable to choose a personalized notification tone through the Android App's Notification settings. Has there been any modifications made on your side?

M410
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue. I hoped the recent Arlo app update wold fix it but it didn't.  Also on a S24+.

KristaMc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go to Settings>Notifications>Advanced settings and toggle on Manage notification categories for each app. Then go to App notifications>Arlo Secure>Notification categories>Sound.

springbokgt
Tutor
Tutor

Awesome that works! Not sure if I'll be opening a can of worms 🐛 by enabling the "Notification Categories for each apps". I'll monitor it... 👀

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation