Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection improvement?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WhiteFields
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have and Ultra 2 camera looking out onto a small parking lot. There was a theft of tags off our license plate sometime this week so I looked over the recordings to see the recording. The issue is that when I look back over my recordings the motion detection is rather spotty at best. There are cars appearing in the parking lot that had no recordings of their arrival. There are people and cars in the middle of the lot before the camera starts recording. Sometime people pull into the lot and park and there is not video evidence they ever left their car. The only evidence I have that they got out is my doorbell camera. 

Is there a way to improve the motion detection for Arlo? The Wi-Fi connection is pretty solid and I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue. As it stands we can hardly call it a "security" camera.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The range for motion detect is about 25 ft max..... so unless it is a small parking lot, your going to get spotty detection from vehicles based on the IR reflection during different times of day.

Also, these cameras are more suited as an Activity camera.... at range, you'll know what and when but not likely to get any ID or tags taken evidence.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation