Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DudeMac17
Tutor
Tutor

Here we go again. 

Decided to upgrade to Ultra 2. (Despite knowing better) I’ve had all of them up to this point. But one interesting and frustrating thing (that i ALSO noticed on the pro 4. But NOT the 3) is there is a stutter and low frame rate when using outdoor charger (yes, Arlo brand) and it makes the video look pretty trashy. It returns to perfectly smooth if i unplug the charger. But i use it for the look back feature as well as not having to climb up and charge. 

I’ve tried addressing this through support with only the most difficult and lengthy trial and error suggestions. It’s like they give the run around until you give up so they don’t have to acknowledge this issue. 

SO. My feeling is that this specifically has something to do with the pro 4 and newer. And they know it, but won’t say it. 

My pro 3’s perform flawlessly in regard to smooth video when using the chargers. I’ve tried swapping and switching and all that and it unveils the issue specifically is isolated to the 4 and up as i mentioned. 

anyone else had this experience?  

side note: ultra 2 is literally too wide like what’s the point of 4K if I’m having to zoom in so far that it looks like 1080p just to see what i was trying to see more of with lower resolution cameras. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DudeMac17 wrote:

ultra 2 is literally too wide 

You can set the field of view in the video settings - I'm thinking you didn't do that.

With the Ultra, the options are

• Full (120 degrees)
  • Wide (155 degrees)
  • Super wide (180 degrees)

The Pro 3/Pro 4 options are

• Full (110 degrees)
  • Wide (125 degrees)
  • Super Wide (160 degrees)

The Pro 2 is 130 degrees, so it actually is a bit wider than the "Full" setting on the newer cameras.

@DudeMac17 wrote:

side note: ultra 2 is literally too wide 

FWIW, I use the Super Wide at some locations, as it allows me to cover the same area with fewer cameras. But there are some spots where Full works out better.

DudeMac17
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I’m well aware of the FOV options. Thanks for the suggestion tho!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DudeMac17 wrote:

Yes I’m well aware of the FOV options. 

I'm confused then, since "Full" on the ultra gives you a smaller field of view than the 1080p cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation