Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lost connection on one device

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bludder57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a setup with three Pro2 cameras and a 4000 hub. Recently I can no longer connect to the cameras (devices appears to be offline) from my mobile phones but all works well from my pad (android). Doing a heath check from the app on the pad states all is ok. What should i do?

Is there a bug in the latest app (I use a Galaxy 9+ with android 9)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bludder57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

It is an Arlo Pro2 and it has been working fine with Android 7, 10 and 11 and prior to that with 8 and 9 so I do not see the Android level as critical. Earlier today I got it to work by reinstalling and factory reset all equipment why I will close this thread.

Thank you and take care

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?  I suppose Android 9 could be an issue...

Bludder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi iguerdat,

I have tried with four devices, one is a Samsung Galaxy 9+ with Android 10 (Arlo doesn't work on this unit) , two are pads with Android 7 (one work with Arlo, not the other one) and one is a Moorola moto G30 with Android 11 (Arlo doesn't work on this unit either). The moto and one of the pads have a fresh installation (done today).

The weird thing is that it works on one of the units and status (via my.arlo.com on PC states all is fine

... to answer your question, no I do not have any Android 9 any more...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Odd since I don't have any problems using Android 11 or 12. I'm not sure what the minimum version of Android is needed but I'd think at least 10. I wonder if a security app is interfering.

PITA but maybe a factory reset on one device may provide clues.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I'm not sure what the minimum version of Android is needed but I'd think at least 10.

FWIW, this claims Android 5: https://www.arlo.com/en_no/support/faq/000062043/What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-installing-an...

bludder57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

It is an Arlo Pro2 and it has been working fine with Android 7, 10 and 11 and prior to that with 8 and 9 so I do not see the Android level as critical. Earlier today I got it to work by reinstalling and factory reset all equipment why I will close this thread.

Thank you and take care

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation