Local storage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

Just took delivery of Arlo Ultra 2 XL two camera set from Costco.  I want to be able to store and view locally and determined that I will need to insert a USB or microSD card. I do not see any where to insert either of them on the Smart Hub enclosed. Am I missing something or do I need to buy something additional to accomplish local storage. If yes can you provide a link to that accessory. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RIPOC wrote:

Thx for quick response. I must be dense because I don’t see any place on the back of my  VMB5000 NA for a SD or USB. I have SYNC LAN POWER RESET and a QR code.

The slot for the SD card is on the bottom (not the back).  See page 65 in the manual ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual_US_2.pdf )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

The VMB5000 Smart Hub comes with the Ultra 2. It has a SD card slot on the back. I have the VMB4540 that has a USB slot on the back. It comes with a 3 month trial subscription so you will have cloud recordings utill then. You can use the local for back up until then as it has several limitations. 

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)

RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

Thx for quick response. I must be dense because I don’t see any place on the back of my  VMB5000 NA for a SD or USB. I have SYNC LAN POWER RESET and a QR code.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RIPOC wrote:

The slot for the SD card is on the bottom (not the back).  See page 65 in the manual ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual_US_2.pdf )

RIPOC
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation