Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Large install (20 Ultra2 cameras): Will it work

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Homerjsimpson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I have a need for about 20 Arlo Ultra 2 cameras to record directly to the cloud at the highest resolution (4K). My question is what should my upload speed be if I have multiple (not all 20 cameras) recording at the same time?
In addition, I see that the Ultra 2 can work with multiple bases. I really don’t need the base station with siren, so what is the right base station from my use? My house is rather large so I know that I’ll need to have multiple base stations to cover all of the camera locations. I also have a few sheds/out buildings that will require cameras as well. I guess the way it looks is I would need a separate base station for each shed and probably two for my main house. Is this really the right way to go or would it be better to purchase the Arlo Pro3 that could directly to my WiFi and not use a base. I have WiFi in all locations including the sheds which are about 1000’ away (thanks to fiber connections between main house and both sheds). My goal is to see all cameras in one app and be able to pull anyone up at anytime either live or recorded. Can Arlo Ultra 2 do this for me?
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Homerjsimpson,

Take a look here for details on minimum requirements: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

For details on base stations and SmartHubs and how they compare, take a look here: What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

Regardless of how your cameras are connected (directly to WiFi with a camera like the Pro 4 or to one or more base station/SmartHubs) you will be able to pull them up and live stream them from your Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation