Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Just got Ultra 2 and does not record until you're right under camera. Sensitivity set as high.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bclifton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got the Ultra 2, and it doesn’t record until you’re right under the camera. Sensitivity is set at high. Didn’t record anything at night, even when we came home late and pulled the car in and parked right in front of it. Any suggestions before I return the camera?

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

Have you increased the sensitivity in the rules not motion test. Since the cams are PIR they detect motion best across the field of view and not straight at it as well. I have one for more straight at the cam and it worked better at a lower position. Repositioning makes a big difference. 

How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

Bclifton
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the rules? How do I do that?  And thanks for your help..

dcfox1
Master
Master

Select Mode then go to Armed mode unless you set up a custom one and select a camera and select where "motion is recorded"  and you can increase sensitivity. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Bclifton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much! Just adjusted the sensitivity, now we wait. 

WaldoJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, the sensitivity is on max.  I used to have the Arlo pro and that picked up the entire parking lot.  The ultra 2 only picks up 10 ft on max setting. even when I try to test the motion sensor live.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WaldoJr wrote:

The ultra 2 only picks up 10 ft on max setting. even when I try to test the motion sensor live.  

I don't have the ultra 2, but the ultra and pro3/pro4 have similar detection range to my pro2 cameras.

Is this a brand new camera?  If so, double-check that there is no shrink-wrap on the camera face.

If there is nothing blocking the sensors, then you should consider exchanging the camera with the seller or contacting support (using the link at the top right of the forum page).

WaldoJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, they are band new, I checked for any missed wrap, and there was none.  I hooked my second camera up that came with my kit and that one did even worse. guess I'll contact support. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation