Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How much memory can the Arlo Ultra 2 hold

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tazman8005
Follower
Follower
How how much SD memory can the Arlo Ultra 2 hold and what type. I’d figure they had this in product specs easily findable but I cannot find it. Also how much and what kind of SD does base station take?
2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
From the manual,

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual_US_2.pdf

Your SmartHub accepts micro SD cards, SDHC or SDXC only, file format FAT32. The Arlo app displays a message to let you know if you need to format the SD card.
The SmartHub can format the SD card.

Your SmartHub accepts SDHC or SDXC microSD cards.
We recommend using microSD cards with a minimum of 16 GB capacity, Speed Class 10, UHS-!, V10.
Your Arlo SmartHub supports up to Class 10 UHS-3 V90.

Other users say 256GB works ok but 512GB may have issues.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tazman8005 wrote:
How how much SD memory can the Arlo Ultra 2 hold and what type. I’d figure they had this in product specs easily findable but I cannot find it. Also how much and what kind of SD does base station take?

Just to be clear, the microSD card is in the VMB5000 smarthub, not the camera.  If you use the camera with any other compatible base, you need to use USB storage.

I use 128 GB myself.  As @Dannybear says, several users have reported success with 512 GB.  I don't recall seeing any posts from users who have successfully used 1 TB or 2 TB.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation