Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Setup Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sthmpsn1
Follower
Follower

I just purchased Arlo last night at Costco and feel like I got a second rate product. We purchased the Ultra 2 and for that type of money things should be this hard. First I had to do things twice in the app to get it to even find my hub. The hub is connected directly to my Asus AC2400 4X4. I got all my cameras set up and thought I was good to go, but this thing won't connect to Homekit to save my life. I keep getting Uncertified Accessory error. I even removed the hub from my account and reset it. Again had to go through the setup twice as the first time it didn't find the hub,. The part that irritated me was having to resync cameras and go and manually push sync on each one. So what do I need to do to get homekit to work? Seems like this should be a simple thing. 

Thanks for the help

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sthmpsn1,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

commanderclif
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Ultra 2 and had the same issue. I reached out to support to ask for the token to be sent since I saw that in several places here but i was told that was for something else. The recommendation that worked for me was to unplug the power cord from the base unit and leave it unplugged for two minutes for it to do a system reset. After the two minutes I plugged it back in and was able to add to my HomeKit easily after it failing 10 times the previous two days. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation