Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting notifications for motion outside of my zone, but no video.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Adi12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey guys

Just setup my arlo system and I'm getting motion notifications for things outside of my zone, I'm getting getting video clips which suggests it's a notification issue as i do get clips for motion inside my zones, I'm also only have on people motion and the notifications are triggering due to vehicles driving past outside my zone. Any ideas on this i can see many posts about it but cant see the solution, I'm about to return these as i cant take all these beeps!

Any help appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

It's normal. Activity Zones never worked right.

Adi12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that’s annoying they‘ll have to go back! It must work as it doesn’t record seems to be more a notification issue 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Adi12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Feel like I’ve tired everything! 

I have managed to stop the Arlo app notifying me now, however alexa still alerts me though the skill everytime something comes into the camera range is there any way to only get alexa to a announce motion based on the selected zone?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Adi12345

Can you try removing and re adding the activity zones as well as recreate the Alexa skill? 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Myself I have tried all this ad nauseum. It only works the first time and then not anymore. It's just another thing that fails.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation